Hangover is the distress call you get from your body the morning after you had too much to drink.
What happens when you consume too much alcohol?
Alcohol is a powerful diuretic, draining your body of vital fluids along with important vitamins and minerals. It also raises your blood sugar temporarily, boosting your mood and giving you a sense of well being, followed by a crash in blood sugar lasting many hours. Results in fatigue, trembling, irritability, thirst and headache. This is why drinking could be very dangerous for diabetics.
Alcohol, especially dark liquor, like red wine or whiskey, contains toxins or cogeners, which are the result of fermentation. The older the spirit, the more toxins it contains. For example, a 25-year-old whiskey will cause more hangover symptoms than a 5-year-old one. Theses toxins can cause allergic reactions such as headache, upset stomach, nausea and vomiting.
Since alcohol cannot be stored in the body, it has to be broken down by the liver in order to get rid of it. Acetaldehyde which is produced by the breakdown of alcohol in the liver is a toxic poison which in addition to damaging your liver, harms your brain, impairs your memory, slows down your reflexes and clouds your thinking. When you drink more than your liver can detoxify, the excess acetaldehyde poison is reabsorbed in your blood causing even more damage and possibly addiction.
So you still want to drink?
For many, drinking is a social activity that is enjoyable and is part of life. You can take measures to avoid or lessen the hangover effects by doing the following:
-Never drink on an empty stomach (food slows down the absorption of alcohol)
-Drink plenty of water or fruit juices to avoid dehydration while you consume alcohol and before you go to bed
-Avoid coffee which has the same diuretic effect as alcohol
-Take HomeoCare Hangover Relief to help your liver remove toxic poisons and prevent nausea and headaches
Presentation: Dispenser-tube of approx. 85 sublingual pellets (4gr.)
Recommended dosage: 3 to 5 pellets before and after you consume alcohol. For severe symptoms, dosage can be repeated hourly, reducing frequency with improvement.
Active Ingredients (HPUS): Asafoetida, Capsicum Annuum, Kali Bichromicum, Kola, Lachesis Mutus, Nux Vomica, Ranuculus Bulbosa, Sulphuricum Acidum and Zincum Met..
Inactive Ingredients: Sucrose/Lactose.
*These statements have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information detailed in this website is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. Please consult a doctor or pediatrician with any questions or concerns you might have regarding this or any other medical condition.